No-Bake S’mores Cookies are a great way to enjoy s’mores without a campfire OR an oven! They’re a perfect snack or dessert, and SO easy to make!
The other day I had a conversation with my dad about how his backyard fire pit has gone unused all summer. There is a giant pile of logs and sticks right next to it, just waiting to be lit on fire. I asked him why he hadn’t had friends over for hot dogs and s’mores yet this summer, and he replied, half-jokingly “It’s way too hot for a fire!”
I can’t say I fully agree with him. I happen to think summertime bonfires are the best, regardless of the temperature, but especially when it’s a bit cooler in the evenings. However, I have to agree it has been outrageously hot so far this summer. And I’ll stay inside, thank you.
But no fires also means my s’more intake has been down, which is terrible news. I love s’mores so much I have been known to make them in the toaster oven in the wintertime. (You can thank me later.)
Enter these No-Bake S’mores Cookies. Any kind of cookie you don’t have to bake is a winner in my book. They’re quick, they’re delicious and they’ll keep that oven from overheating the whole house. These are so nice for rainy-day or scorcher-night s’mores cravings, or a quick treat to whip up for guests and kids. They look a little messy, but who’s ever eaten a s’more without a little mess? No one, that’s who. // susannah
Click through to see the No Bake S’mores Cookies recipe!
- 1/2 cup butter (one stick)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups dry, quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup graham cracker pieces (about 6 crackers broken into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Stir in sugar, milk and cocoa until combined.
- Bring mixture to a rolling boil* and hold for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter until melted and well-combined. Add vanilla, then mix in oats one cup at a time, followed by the graham cracker pieces. Stir in marshmallows.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto wax paper. Garnish with additional marshmallows if desired. Let cool entirely before eating. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 76mg Carbohydrates: 28g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 19g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g