Here’s another ginger beer cocktail for your Friday. Ginger beer, if you didn’t know by now, is one of my favorite cocktail mixers — if not my only favorite cocktail mixer.
To bid tequila adios for now, I thought I’d make us a variation on the Moscow Mule, which mixes vodka with lime juice and ginger beer. It’s a classic. The Mexican Mule, on the other hand, uses tequila instead. It’s gingery, citrusy and spicy — everything a Latin cocktail should be.
Next time you’re considering a Moscow Mule, mix it up with tequila instead. It’s a lovely drink for springtime or sipping on the beach. Try it at your next taco night or ask your bartender to make you one of these instead of its vodka cousin next time you’re out. There’s no bad time to try a Mexican Mule, if you ask me.
Next week, I’ll be announcing the liquor I’ll be focusing on in March, so stay tuned! Until then, check out these tequila recipes and tips. Heaven forbid you run out of ideas for tequila any time soon! // susannah
Love tequila? See these posts for more ideas:
Click below to see the Mexican Mule recipe!
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice (about half a lime)
- 2 ounces tequila or mezcal
- 4-6 ounces ginger beer, chilled
- dash orange bitters
- lime slices, for garnish
- Fill a Collins glass or a Moscow Mule mug with ice. Squeeze lime juice into the glass and drop in the spent shell.
- Then, pour in the tequila and top with ginger beer. Add a dash of orange bitters. Stir gently. Garnish with another lime slice, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 cocktail
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 1g