Tuscan White Bean Dip has all the Italian flavors you need to bring to a party. Served with warm bread and featuring white beans, juicy tomatoes, onion, garlic and fresh herbs, this is an appetizer your guests won’t soon forget.
Though we’ve had thunderstorms in Charlotte the last couple days (much needed, mind you), it’s been a very dry summer.
The creek in my neighborhood is practically drained of water and the heat has been just about unbearable.
And yet, I’ve miraculously been able to keep my herb boxes alive.
No one is more surprised than I am, because I’ve killed a more than few of these over the years. (My tomato plant is a goner, though.)
What better way to use my herbs than in a summery Tuscan White Bean Dip?
One of my family friends — who knows Italian food through and through — introduced me to this recipe.
Even though I’ve adapted my own version, I always secretly hope it will make an appearance at every party she throws. It’s that good, you guys.
Soft white beans coupled with juicy red tomatoes are doused in a generous helping of olive oil infused with crushed garlic, spices and fresh herbs.
Serve it with fresh bread or pita chips, and perhaps your party guests will secretly wish you’ll bring this to all their parties too.
Bonus points for fresh garden herbs. // susannah
What are your go-to party appetizers?Print
A summery appetizer dip with all the flavors of Tuscany
- 1 10-oz. can cannellini beans
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 1-2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, washed and cut into strips
- 1/8 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2-3 teaspoons kosher salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Drain the cannellini beans and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, onion, tomatoes, garlic, herbs, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir together until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Stir in olive oil.
- Refrigerate in an air tight container 2 hours to let flavors marinate. Serve at room temperature with bread or pita chips.