I first met Katie — before? after? I can’t remember! — her blog Twin Stripe’s second birthday. I was very new to blogging at the time, but I am so glad we connected. Katie was definitely my first blogging friend — it’s so nice to have people around you who have your back, even if you start out as email buddies at first.
Over the last year, we collaborated several times on things like our summer picnic series and our holiday party. I love visiting Greensboro and hanging out with Katie and her husband Chad, who is quite the beer connoisseur. He sometimes shares his favorite beers on Twin Stripe, and as a beer lover I am always interested to see what he recommends. We also love to exchange cocktail recipes — Katie made me an autumn spice martini last fall and I made her a spiked Mexican hot chocolate earlier this year. And of course there was the champagne cocktail bar we had at our holiday party.
Anyway! It’s now Twin Stripe’s third birthday, and Katie asked me to celebrate with her by whipping up another cocktail. I debated what I should make, but since Katie decided to go gluten-free last year, I figured she might appreciate a birthday cake flavored cocktail.
This Birthday Cake Martini is made with cake-flavored vodka, whipped cream-flavored vodka, white chocolate liqueur and half-and-half. Pink is most definitely Katie’s favorite color, so I used a mixture of hot pink colored sugar and colorful nonpareils on the rim for a very birthday look.
And we’re giving you the a chance to join in on the celebration! Twin Stripe is giving away a birthday prize pack full of birthday treats and some of Katie’s favorite things. See below for details. Wishing you the happiest birthday, Twin Stripe! // susannah
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Everyone gets a free entry. You can enter multiple times, up to 11 additional entries by following my blog friends and myself on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts. Just enter the info as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. EST. One winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $50. Prizes shown in the graphic are the only ones available.
- Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of Feb. 23, 2015.
Click below for the Birthday Cake Martini recipe!
- Makes 1 cocktail
- 2 ounces cake-flavored vodka
- 1 ounce whipped cream-flavored vodka
- 1 ounce Godiva white chocolate liqueur
- 2 ounces half-and-half
- First, rim the glass. Put a teaspoon of honey on a plate and roll the outer rim of a martini glass in the honey. On another plate, add sprinkles and roll the glass in them until the rim is coated in sprinkles.
- Then, make the cocktail. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine both vodkas, the white chocolate liqueur and the half-and-half. Shake vigorously and pour into prepared martini glass. Drizzle a few sprinkles on top for garnish.