Enjoy a Rhubarb Sour cocktail with all the flavors of springtime! Sweet and tart rhubarb pairs beautifully with vodka and lemon juice. A splash of club soda brings the bubbles to this bright cocktail.
Happy Friday, y’all! It’s the end of a short week, but it feels like it’s been an incredibly long short week, no?
I’m excited to spend the weekend with a friend in Greensboro. We’ve been working on a project for a while which will finally come together this weekend.
Now, for today’s Friday Night Delight. The Rhubarb Sour.
Rhubarb is a springtime find at the farmer’s market. It can be hard to get your hands on, but when you do, buy a few stalks.
If cooking with rhubarb is new to you, you should know that in looks, it’s a lot like red celery. It has a tart flavor, but when you cook it with sugar, it is wonderful in desserts.
It’s so much fun to cook with. You can whip it into a pie with some strawberries, or you can eat it plain with custard (my favorite!), Greek yogurt or whipped cream.
Featuring vodka and lemon juice, the tart rhubarb is the star of this light, pink drink. It’ll be perfect to celebrate the dive into summer this weekend! I hope your weekend is great!
- 4 stalks rhubarb chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce rhubarb syrup
- 2 ounces club soda
- In a medium saucepan, bring rhubarb, sugar and water to a boil over medium heat. Stirring often, reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Fit a sieve over a medium bowl. Strain syrup into a bowl. (You can eat the rhubarb after this step! Or discard it.) Allow to cool before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to one week in the refrigerator.
Rhubarb Sour Cocktail
- Fill a rocks glass with ice. Pour in vodka, lemon and rhubarb syrup. Top with club soda and stir gently to combine. Garnish with a lemon wheel and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.