USA! USA! Mix up a Red, White + Blue Mojito. for all the patriotic holidays ahead this summer!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one and buy something, Feast + West receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. All opinions are our own.
It’s time for a three-day weekend! Memorial Day is the day in which we remember our veterans and our brave soldiers who died in active military service.
It’s such a harrowing day, and a time to be pensive and thoughtful and appreciative. What a sacrifice.
But it also marks the advent of summer, which we celebrate with cookouts, picnics and barbecues. It’s a time to be with family and friends, and celebrate our country together.
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “fewe-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “My Amazon Picks”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “9d88084f742a8b9f85498a5adcecc42a”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B00YBP918M,B00NU98GZY,B00YAF3OGS,B016LAAQNS”;
I can’t wait to kick off the season with a much-needed day off work.
I’ll be relaxing outside with a Red, White + Blue Mojito. I like to make mine with fresh berries from the local farmers market and mint from the garden.
You’ll need a muddler, to help you get the flavors of the citrus, berries and mint infused into your drink.
And, as I do with my favorite mojito recipe, I also sneak in a little lemon juice for added flavor. I find this berry version quite succulent and refreshing.
More Patriotic Recipes:
I also highly recommend these Patriotic Prosecco Popsicles! So good!
And these Sparkling Balsamic Mocktails make for a fantastic alcohol-free beverage to serve up.
And Cheerwine Bourbon Slushies will always make for a good time, especially on a hot summer day by the pool!
No matter what you’re drinking, be sure to raise your glass to honor of our fallen soldiers. This is their day, and we need to celebrate them. // susannah
Click below to see the recipe for the Red, White + Blue Mojito recipe!
- Juice and pulp from 1 lime
- Juice and pulp from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (see notes)
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 3-4 sliced strawberries
- 10-15 blueberries
- 2 ounces white rum
- Club soda
- In a highball glass, add half the berries, lime juice, lemon juice, mint leaves and sugar. For a stronger citrus taste, add some of the lemon and lime rinds as well.
- Using a muddle stick, mash the mint, berries and sugar to release the berries' juices and the mint oils, and to dissolve the sugar into the citrus juice.
- Add rum and a generous amount of ice. Top with club soda.
- Garnish the glasses with fresh mint sprigs, slices of lime or a skewer of berries. Add additional club soda to glasses if you’d prefer a lighter drink.