Dark and mysterious, whiskey is the guy everyone loves that we all want to get to know better. But when we take the time to do so? Boy, is it worth it! Whiskey is so complex in flavor and comes in so many forms, like bourbon, rye and scotch, to name just a few. Look at this whiskey guide to learn more about how it's made and which brands to buy. Here are a few whiskey cocktails that are beloved around here:
- Whiskey and ginger are a winning flavor combo. This bourbon cocktail with ginger ale and the Kentucky mule made with ginger beer are both worth having in your repertoire.
- The mint julep is the star of the Kentucky Derby, but do you know her cousin the Belmont jewel for the Belmont Stakes? Both use bourbon whiskey.
- This honey lemon whiskey sour is a twist on the classic whiskey sour.
- Every whiskey lover should memorize the best old-fashioned cocktail recipe.
- Whiskey is perfect for infusions. Try making your own cinnamon whiskey or honey whiskey to use in cocktails.