Kick back this summer with a S’mores White Russian. It’s everything you want in a s’mores cocktail — complete with marshmallow vodka and graham cracker milk and garnished with a chocolate drizzle, graham cracker crumbs and toasted marshmallows.
Tell me I am not alone in this: I am SUCH a snob about flavored products.
For example, give me the plain or peanut M&Ms please, and not mint or coconut or pretzel flavor. Please, for the love.
I mean, I draw the line at pumpkin spice. Can we just stop after that?
But there’s one flavor that I’ll allow, which I realized when I picked up a pack of s’mores-flavored Oreos to take to the mountains for a recent weekend trip. My fiancé even commented that was so unlike me!
I guess maybe I’m not as snobby as I thought?
I shouldn’t be surprised though because I have been super into s’mores for a couple of years now. There’s just something about that crunchy golden graham cracker, that gooey marshmallow filling, that ribbon of melted chocolate.
In the summer and fall especially, you can find me with a batch of no-bake s’mores cookies or s’mores rice krispy treats. I’ve also been known to heat up s’mores in the toaster oven…
Indoor s’mores bars are great when it’s raining or cold but you still have that hankering. These s’mores quesadillas are on my list as well.
But there’s one area I had not yet directed my s’mores love: cocktails.
Ever since I starting making marshmallow vodka and peeps vodka, I’ve been thinking about what to do with this marshmallowy goodness.
S’mores cocktails are an obvious choice because of marshmallows’ prominence in s’mores.
A while back I dreamed up this S’mores White Russian, and I had to make it immediately because it just made perfect sense.
A traditional White Russian calls for vodka, coffee liqueur and cream (or whole milk or — my favorite — half-and-half).
But the S’mores White Russian takes this classic a step further.
To start you’ll need to infuse cream with graham crackers overnight. The same way milk can take on the flavor of your breakfast cereal, this acts the same way.
You’ll also need marshmallow vodka and coffee liqueur, which you can make yourself or grab from the store.
Throw all the ingredients over ice in a glass garnished with a chocolate drizzle and graham cracker crumbs and you have a S’mores White Russian.
Bonus points if you have a kitchen blowtorch or lighter on hand to quickly roast a marshmallow or two for garnish!
It is such a decadent treat, perfect for an after-dinner dessert drink, or for something to sip at a party on a hot day.
Even more bonus points if you can enjoy it by a campfire while roasting even more s’mores!
If you’re up for a springtime version, try this colorful Peeps vodka.
S'mores White Russian Cocktail
This S'mores White Russian has all the flavors of everyone's favorite campfire snack: Marshmallow vodka, chocolate syrup and graham cracker-infused milk.
For the graham cracker milk:
- 4 graham crackers
- 1 cup whole milk or half-and-half (or your choice of milk)
For the cocktail:
- 2 graham crackers, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup, for garnish
- 2 ounces marshmallow vodka
- 1 ounce homemade coffee liqueur
- 1 ounce graham cracker-infused milk
- 1 marshmallow
- First, make the graham cracker milk. Place graham crackers in a small mixing bowl. Cover with the milk or half-and-half. (This will make more than you need, in case you want more cocktails!) Let it sit in the fridge for 4-8 hours. Strain out the graham crackers and pour it into a jar for use in cocktails.
- In a zip-locking bag, place two graham crackers and seal the bag. Cover with a paper towel or tea towel and beat the bag with the back of a spoon until the graham crackers are crushed into crumbs. This can be as fine or crumbly as you wish, but coarse crumbs will work best. Pour crumbs onto a plate.
- Pour a thin layer of chocolate syrup onto another plate.
- Roll the outer edge of an old-fashioned glass in the chocolate syrup, then in graham cracker crumbs. If desired, spoon some chocolate syrup on the inside of the glass in a circular manner. Place glass in the freezer while you prepare your other ingredients to keep the chocolate from dripping.
- To a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add marshmallow vodka, coffee liqueur and graham cracker milk. Shake until combined.
- Add ice to the prepared old-fashioned glass, then pour in the liquid from the shaker.
- Place a marshmallow on a skewer and give it a burst of flame from a kitchen blowtorch or lighter, until charred to your liking. Place on top of the cocktail glass for extra s’mores aroma. Enjoy!
The instructions are for how to mix one cocktail, but the Graham Cracker Milk makes enough for ~7 more drinks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 835Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 463mgCarbohydrates: 133gFiber: 3gSugar: 72gProtein: 14g
Leave a Reply