I have been waiting weeks to share this recipe with you. I made it for the Summer Supper collaboration I put together with Twin Stripe, Tag & Tibby and This Wild Season, and have been dying to share it with you!
I first fell in love with Mexican street corn at a restaurant in Raleigh. I have to have it any time I see it on a menu, whether at a food truck or at a sit-down place, and I love to make it at home during the summer with fresh corn. With summer dwindling out over the next few weeks, this Grilled Mexican corn on the cob is the perfect companion for a late season al fresco supper.
Katie, Asharae and Julia have been sharing recipes and tips for putting together a rustic meal like ours. Don’t miss them!
- Mojito Melon Salad // This Wild Season
- Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad // Tag & Tibby
- Smoked Salmon Cucumber Bites // Twin Stripe
- Watermelon Orange Margarita Punch // Feast + West
- DIY Hand-Lettered Menu // This Wild Season
- Skillet Peach Crisp // Tag & Tibby
- Honey Lavender Gin & Tonic // Twin Stripe
- Cat Head Biscuits // Feast + West
- Styling Tips // Twin Stripe
- Photo Recap // This Wild Season
Add to that list this Grilled Mexican Corn. You really, really, really have to try this. And soon, before it’s too cold to crank up the grill! // susannah
Click through to see the Grilled Mexican Corn recipe!
Make your own Mexican street corn at home
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- 8 ears of corn, shucked
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Heat your grill according to manufacturer instructions
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, 1/2 cup of the cheese, spices, salt and garlic. Set aside the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and the chopped herbs for sprinkling.
- Place corn on the grill and heat until browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- Working quickly, add wooden sticks and arrange on a plate. Squeeze lime juice over top. Drizzle with the cheese sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and herbs.
- Serving Size: 8
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one and buy something we receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. All opinions are those of the author and not of Amazon.