One of summer’s greatest gifts is an abundance of basil. The leaves of the basil in my window box on the deck have started multiplying like crazy. I’m so pleased, because it means only one thing — pesto.
Okay, so that’s five things. Whatever. Pesto is king, and that’s what matters.
Pesto is surprisingly easy to make at home. Why spend a few bucks on it at the store when you can make your own, garden-fresh? This 3-Ingredient Pesto is stunningly simple. You can dress it up if you like, with garlic and pine nuts, or even opt for mint in lieu of basil. But the base is just three simple ingredients — basil, olive oil and sea salt. You don’t need anything more, and it is perfecto! // susannah
P.S. I’ve teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers to bring you an amazing $190 Target gift card. So great, right? Find out how you can enter to win below!
P.P.S. A couple days are left in the popcorn week giveaway! Don’t miss your chance to enter to win a sweet popcorn maker, a $15 Amazon gift card and some delicious goodies!
Click through to enter the giveaway and see the 3-Ingredient Pesto recipe!
Yields 1 cup
A simple, frugal pesto to make at home
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- In a food processor, add basil and half of the olive oil. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Add 1/3 cup of oil and process until smooth. Season with salt.
- If using immediately, add remaining 1/3 cup of oil.
- If using later, transfer the pesto to an air-tight container and drizzle remaining 1/3 cup of oil over the top. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw when ready to serve.
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Everyone gets a free entry! You can enter multiple times by following the giveaway sponsors on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the info as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Friday, July 17, 2015. One winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $190.
- Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of July 10, 2015.