No-Bake Avalanche Cookies are a quick and easy holiday cookie you can make in a pinch. With just five ingredients, these Christmas cookies will be ready in a snap!
Christmas cookies are ubiquitous, but the holidays always sneak up on me somehow. I’m always so busy, and you never do know when you’re going to be asked to bring dessert to a party.
It’s always a good idea to have some great cookie recipes in your back pocket. Recipes that only need a few pantry staples and take just a few minutes to pull together are even better.
Can you tell I’ve had to make a few last-minute batches of cookies in my life?
These No-Bake Avalanche Cookies require just five ingredients and not one second of baking. Win!
NO-BAKE AVALANCHE COOKIES
These No-Bake Avalanche Cookies are a melt-in-your-mouth cookie recipe that you can whip up in absolutely no time at all.
You’ll need white chocolate chips, peanut butter, crispy rice cereal, baby marshmallows and a pinch of salt. I’m willing to bet you have at least two, maybe even three, of those things in your pantry right now!
Seriously, that’s all you need to make these gooey yet crunchy treats.
Well that, and about 20 minutes. No-Bake Avalanche Cookies need time to set up, but you can pop your cookie sheet (affiliate link!) in the fridge for half an hour and they’ll be ready to go.
Done. Christmas managed.
They’d also be a great cookie recipe to make with kids, since the only heat source used is the microwave. Enlist your little ones to help you stir and spoon the cookies out onto the parchment paper.
Maybe let them sneak a few extra marshmallows or two. After all, it is the holidays!
And before you ask, I’m not sure where Avalanche Cookies get their name. I assume because of their pale color and their semblance to snowballs?
It doesn’t really matter though. They’re delicious and that is all you need to know.
Oh, and they’re gluten-free. You should know that too.
MORE NO-BAKE CHRISTMAS COOKIES
Do you love simple no-bake cookies and want to add some more to your Christmas cookie arsenal? You’re in luck.
You might give these No-Bake Nutella Oatmeal Cookies or these No-Bake S’mores Cookies a try. They’re so, so good. And you can make them gluten-free, too!
I’ve even made No-Bake Cookies and Cream Avalanche Cookies for a twist on this recipe.
My friends are also big fans of a good no-bake Christmas cookie. Check out My Baking Addiction’s No-Bake Cookies, filled with oats and peanut butter.
I also like No-Bake Peppermint Bark Cookies from The Speckled Palate and Maureen’s Rice Krispie Cookies from Stephie Cooks. And for a recipe that literally couldn’t be easier, check out Chocolate-Covered Oreos from Cake ‘n Knife!
The holidays are all about spreading the love and sharing some baked goods. And what could be better than a delicious and easy-to-make no-bake cookie? // susannah
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together cereal, marshmallows, peanuts (if using) and salt. Set aside.
- In a glass, heat-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave for 20 seconds on 50% heat. Stir. Repeat until white chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Be careful not to overheat. Stir in the peanut butter until well-combined.
- Pour white chocolate mixture over the cereal and marshmallows. Stir until the white chocolate completely coats the cereal mixture. If it's runny, add more cereal and marshmallows, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Spoon heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the baking sheet. Allow to cool and harden, about an hour. For faster set-up time, place baking sheet in the fridge for half an hour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g