Craving a visit to the banana stand? Make Chocolate-Dipped Frozen Bananas at home for easy snacking!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one and buy something, Feast + West receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. All opinions are our own.
Happy Wednesday! It’s been a very hot week walking around journalism camp in Chapel Hill, and I’ve been hankering for something cool on which to munch.
There’s a popsicle shop here, but I’m wishing for something a little less sugary.
Lately I’ve been binging Arrested Development. I just love that show! So much hilarity.
I just watched the episode with the money in the banana stand, and now I’ve been craving chocolate covered frozen bananas.
So I decided to try my hand at turning my freezer into my own personal banana stand. I’ll let the piggy bank be the piggy bank, though.
These Chocolate-Dipped Frozen Bananas are absolutely the ticket! They’re such a healthy treat and, boy, are they easy to make.
What you’re going to do is peel some bananas and halve them. Then stick them on a wooden stick. I like these wooden sticks the best.
Then you’ll dip them in melted chocolate, cover with your favorite toppings, plop them on a lined baking sheet and freeze!
Let them sit in the cold air a few hours and you’ve got yourself a frozen treat that’s both fun and healthy. Make them with kids or make them for yourself!
The best toppings for Chocolate-Dipped Frozen Bananas
Have so much fun with this! You can really top them with anything you want.
- Chopped peanuts
- Chopped pistachios
- Chopped almonds
- Cocoa nibs
- Sea salt
- Melted white chocolate drizzle
- Melted peanut butter chips drizzle
- Coconut flakes
- Mini chocolate chips
- Oreo crumbs
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Nilla wafer crumbs
I also think a banana pudding version would be fab — just top the chocolate with vanilla wafer crumbs! Or save your hankering and make this Banana Pudding Ice Cream Cake instead.
Whatever toppings you choose, keep a few in your freezer and enjoy them whenever you need a frozen pick-me-up this summer. You’ll love them! // susannah
Click below to see the Chocolate-Dipped Frozen Bananas recipe!
- 5 bananas, cut in half
- 12 ounces dark chocolate
- toppings of your choice, such as chopped nuts, sprinkles, cacao nibs or coconut flakes
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in 20-second bursts in the microwave. Stir until entirely melted.
- Insert a popsicle stick into the end of each banana. Dip the bananas into the warm chocolate, gently shaking off any extra chocolate. Place dipped bananas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spoon toppings over top of the dipped bananas. Place in the freezer to harden and set for 1-2 hours.
- When frozen through, eat or wrap the bananas individually.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 4gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g