St. Patrick’s Day just isn’t complete without this Irish Mule recipe. Ginger beer, Irish whiskey and lime juice make a perfect pairing. Sláinte!
It’s almost St. Patrick’s Day and one thing is clear: You will need a cocktail to celebrate.
However, you will not find me out and about on St. Patrick’s Day.
I am not crazy about having a drink with everyone and their brother and best friend who is out on a bar crawl. That is so not my scene!
Green might be my favorite color, but I sure don’t want to be pinched by strangers just because I’m not wearing it!
Instead, I’d rather have a few friends over for a movie or game night. The Boondock Saints, anyone?
Making an Irish-themed drink menu is a surefire way to enjoy the holiday. You could whip up a Chocolate Guinness Float for dessert, or get out the Irish whiskey.
What is Irish whiskey?
Irish whiskey is whiskey that’s made on the island of Ireland. That includes both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
To be considered Irish whiskey, the mash must include malted barley and may include unmalted cereal grains as well.
These combinations can result in four types of Irish whiskey: malt, pot still, grain and blended.
Some popular brands are Jameson, Bushmills and Tullamore D.E.W.
Irish whiskey is wonderful to sip neat or on the rocks, but it is a great cocktail ingredient as well.
I love it in this Irish mint julep recipe but I love it even more in the Irish mule.
What is a mule cocktail?
Mule cocktails are always made with lime juice and ginger beer, but they can be made with various spirits.
It’s a versatile drink that anyone can love. Different spirits actually give each mule a different name!
You can also customize mules with all kinds of different fruits!
So, what is an Irish mule?
An Irish mule is a type of mule cocktail made with Irish whiskey.
It’s refreshing and delicious, and would be so perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day at home.
If you’re celebrating at home this year, give this recipe a try!
- crushed ice
- 2 ounces irish whiskey, such as Jameson
- 3/4 ounce (1 1/2 tablespoons) lime juice
- 3-4 ounces ginger beer
- lime wheel or lime wedge for garnish
- Fill a copper mule mug with crushed ice. Top with Irish whiskey, lime juice and ginger beer. Garnish with a lime wheel.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- [Gift Set] Mule Science Moscow Mule Copper Mugs - Set of 4-100% HANDCRAFTED - Pure Solid Copper Mugs 16 oz Gift Set with BONUS: Copper Cups with Cocktail Copper Straws, Coasters and Shot Glass!
- Stainless Steel Lemon Squeezer by Zulay Kitchen
- SKYFISH Japanese Style Jigger Stainless Steel Accurate Measurement for Double Cocktail Recipes Shaker Mug Measuring Glass 1oz / 2oz
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 4gSugar: 19gProtein: 1g