This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #SweeterEaster #CollectiveBias
Whimsical and colorful, these Peanut Butter Butterscotch Birds Nest Cookies are an adorable seasonal treat. Made with M&M’S® Milk Chocolate as the “eggs,” serve these at any spring gathering.
Moving with pets is always an adventure. I’ve only done it a few times, but it always seems to take my cat Pixel a while to figure things out.
Pixel is finally seeming to adjust to her new home. She’s even back to sleeping on my feet at night. (My absolute fave.)
Every morning she runs laps between the windows, checking on the various birds and squirrels out in the big wide open. Lately, she’s been stalking a pair of finches who are eyeing our front porch for a nest.
This does not delight Pixel. She growls and chatters from her perch at the window as they bring twigs to the porch to form their nest, chirping and hopping around.
It does, however, delight me. As much as cats hate birds, I love them. And I think it’s wonderful that these little finches picked our porch for a nest. I will totally spy on them every day and hope for tiny baby birds.
Birds making nests is my favorite part of springtime. Which brings me to these cookies.
Peanut Butter Butterscotch Birds Nest Cookies always bring back memories of a cookie my mom used to make when I was a kid. I remember her making these for a school party once. I love them and think about making them every spring.
These cookies effortlessly simple: no baking required. These are drop cookies that merely need a little microwave time, some stirring and some molding into a nest shape.
And the eggs? You can use the pastel-colored M&M’S® Milk Chocolate because they look like sweet little birds’ eggs. I like wrapping them up in cellophane bags with a little paper grass and a pretty ribbon. They make a lovely gift, even tucked into an Easter basket.
The best part? Pixel the cat has zero interest in destroying these birds’ nests. // susannah
You can also use the M&M’S® White Chocolate, which is new and a WalMart exclusive.
Walmart is the go-to Easter destination this spring. Check out this Ibotta offer when you shop for your Easter candy:
Whimsical cookies for springtime.
- 1 2/3 cups (11 oz. package) butterscotch morsels
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 can (5 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup M&M’S® Milk Chocolate or M&M’S® White Chocolate
- Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper.
- Microwave butterscotch morsels in a large microwave-safe bowl on medium power for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 15- second intervals, stirring until just melted. Stir in peanut butter.
- Stir in chow mein noodles and peanuts until all ingredients are evenly distributed and evenly coated.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets. Cookies should be 3-4 inches wide. Use the back of a spoon to create a depression to make the nest shape.
- Refrigerate until hardened. Place 3-5 M&M’S® Milk Chocolate or M&M’S® White Chocolate pieces in each nest before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place for up to one week.