This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PremiumPrep #CollectiveBias
Turn homemade chicken meatballs, pasta and tomato sauce into a hearty bowl of Tuscan goodness. Spaghetti and Chicken Meatballs Soup is the answer to busy weeknights!
The last few weeks have been busy — to say the least. I don’t just mean ‘regular busy,’ the kind people say they are when everything’s just normal.
This was what I call ‘ultra busy,’ I’ve been juggling the end of a big project, moving to a new place and starting a new full-time job.
Yeah, this woman is ready for a weekend!
Busy weeks like this mean that it can be a struggle to get dinner on the table. It’s easy for me to want to pick up take-out, but I’d rather cook if I can make the time. Plus it helps me wind down.
I always opt for quick meals, maybe a slow cooker dinner or something I can throw together in less than 3o minutes. Even reheating leftovers or turning them into something new.
Good storage containers are hard to come by, but they do make a huge difference. I recently tried out the new Rubbermaid® Brilliance™ premium storage containers to store leftover cooked pasta and meatballs.
One of our favorites for a busy night is cooking up a big pot of pasta and meatballs that will last for a few meals. Add to the leftovers a little chicken broth and give them some more time on the stove, and we’ve got a totally new dish: Spaghetti and Chicken Meatballs Soup. I stored the rest in the fridge for one more meal.
Rubbermaid® Brilliance™ is a new innovation at Walmart. Launched in October 2016, these storage containers make an excellent addition to the kitchen.
I love that they are 100% leak-proof guaranteed, microwave safe and splatter-proof! Plus, they stack! Anything that saves space in my fridge is automatically my favorite.
I also love that these storage containers are stain resistant! When I cook pasta, I often turn to Bertolli® Sauces like the Tomato/Basil or the Creamy Basil Alfredo, and the tomatoes won’t stain these containers! Amazing.
By the way, these sauces are a staple in my kitchen. I make sure to have one on hand in case I’m in the mood for pasta. (Bonus: The tomato basil sauce always reminds me of a vacation I took to Tuscany with my family.)
Spaghetti and Chicken Meatballs Soup is such a simple, savory meal to get on the dinner table and fast. If you’ve got leftovers and an ‘ultra busy’ schedule, a big pot of this should hit the spot. // susannah
- $0.75 off any Bertolli pasta sauce variety at Walmart
- $2.00 off a single Rubbermaid Brilliance container at Walmart
- $5.00 off the Rubbermaid Brilliance 10-piece set at Walmart
For the meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (24-ounce) jar Bertolli® tomato/basil sauce
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces cooked spaghetti
- 16 chicken meatballs
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Stir to combine. Form tablespoons of chicken into balls with your hands.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs. Cook 6-8 minutes, stirring often, until meatballs are golden brown on all sides. Remove from heat.
- Make the soup. In a large pot over medium heat, bring chicken broth to a boil. Stir in tomato sauce and water. Bring to a simmer. Add cooked spaghetti and meatballs. Cook 6-8 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1012Total Fat: 58gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 37gCholesterol: 419mgSodium: 1977mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 83g