Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with everything but the kitchen sink! Chocolate chips, candies, nuts, pretzels and potato chips turn the classic cookie into a sweet-and-salty treat.
A few weeks ago I was playing around on Pinterest and I stumbled across my friend Heather’s Everything But the Kitchen Sink Brownies. These little guys are brownies loaded up with candies like peanut butter cups and M&M’s and savory snacks like nuts, pretzels and potato chips.
Let’s just say I made them immediately. Heather is a genius.
And then I had all these delicious things on hand, and I decided to see what happened when I threw these things into chocolate chip cookies. Well, amazing things happened.
These Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookies have a higher ‘stuff’ to dough ratio, but that’s what makes them so loaded. They’re sweet and salty, soft and crunchy. A total treat. I suggest you raid your pantry and the candy aisle and make them immediately! Happy weekend! //susannah
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup M&M Minis (optional)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter cups, cut into small pieces (optional)
- 1/2 cup pretzel pieces, broken into small pieces (optional)
- 1/2 cup plain potato chips, crushed into large crumbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl or stand mixer, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Gradually stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture until combined.
- Slowly, stir in the chocolate chips, peanuts, M&M's, peanut butter cups, pretzel pieces and potato chip crumbs until evenly distributed.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll 2 tablespoons of dough into balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes in preheated oven or until golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 290mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g