Baking in the summer can be brutal. When the oven’s on inside and out, it’s never comfortable to be in the kitchen. For this reason, I love to make no-bake cookies — like these No-Bake Nutella Oatmeal Cookies — in the summer months.
These recipes are quick to whip up on the stove, then you drop spoonfuls of batter onto a baking sheet. The cookies will harden and cool quickly, leaving you with delicious, nearly fool-proof cookies. These cookies combine some of my favorite ingredients — chocolate, peanut butter and hazelnuts. And, they’re gluten-free! (Just be sure you’re using gluten-free oats.) How do you beat the heat in your summer kitchen? Let me know in the comments! // susannah
Click through for the No-Bake Nutella Oatmeal Cookie recipe!
- 1/2 cup butter (one stick)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Nutella hazelnut spread
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups dry, quick-cooking oats
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Stir in sugar, milk and cocoa until combined.
- Bring mixture to a rolling boil* and hold for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter and Nutella until melted and well combined. Add vanilla, then mix in oats one cup at a time.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto wax paper and let cool entirely before eating. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
If mixture fails to boil for enough time, the cookies won't set/harden properly. Also, too much peanut butter or Nutella will yield dry, crumbly cookies, so resist the temptation to add more!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g