These Spicy Garlic Roasted Chickpeas are a delicious and simple snack that’s full of nutrition and flavor.
OK, I’ll admit it. I have a sweet tooth. (If you’ve been following this blog at all, you can probably guess that much about me.)
Sometimes, though, I have a taste for something savory. And sometimes, I like things a little spicier.
These Spicy Garlic Roasted Chickpeas are just what the doctor ordered. My mom made a version of these for me recently, and I decided to give them a go myself.
And when you roast them in the oven, they shrivel up just a little and take on the flavor of whatever spices and herbs you douse them in. You probably can’t go wrong!
Flavors for roasted chickpeas
Not a spicy or garlic fan? There are lots of ways you can flavor your roasted chickpeas:
- Spicy Bacon Roasted Chickpeas have a kick to them.
- Honey Chipotle Roasted Chickpeas are sweet and spicy all at once.
- Crispy Taco Baked Chickpeas have tons of taco night flavor.
- Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas are sugar and spice and everything nice.
No matter what recipe you pick, these are super easy to make, too.
Oh, and did I mention they’re healthy and high in protein? Winning all the way around. // susannah
- 1 can chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced OR 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Empty the can of chickpeas into a colander. Thoroughly rinse the chickpeas with cold water. Let the water drain out for 5 to 10 minutes, then pat them dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
- While beans drain, make the spice mixture. In a small bowl, combine cumin, cayenne pepper, paprika and chili powder.
- Pour chickpeas into a medium bowl and toss with olive oil, sea salt and garlic. Stir in the spice mixture.
- On a baking sheet, arrange the chickpeas in a single layer. Place the baking sheet in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes. When the chickpeas are done, they will be slightly browned and will make a rattling sound when you shake the baking sheet. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 710mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g