Traditionally made with only lime, this Lemon-Lime Mojito’s combination of sweetness, citrus and mint complements the characteristic punch of rum for this Cuban classic. The addition of lemon brings a brighter citrus flavor that you’ll love.
Mojitos are the quintessential summertime drink, but I like making them all year round, especially for group get-togethers.
This recipe always reminds me of the Super Bowl. A couple of years ago, I made them for a small halftime-show/commercial-watching party at my friend’s apartment.
My friends still talk about these mojitos, so this pre-Super Bowl recipe seems like an ideal time to share it with you.
If you’re hosting or attending a Super Bowl party on Sunday, then it should be noted that a pitcher of these mojitos will pair well with the Perfect Guacamole recipe I posted earlier this week.
For the record, I’ll be rooting for Seattle.
Though I was disappointed to see my hometown team, the Carolina Panthers, fall out of the running in the playoffs, there’s a special place in my heart for Russell Wilson, who was the quarterback when I was in college at N.C. State University.
So, go Seahawks! // susannah
- 8 limes, fresh pulp and juice
- 2 lemons, fresh pulp and juice
- 24 leaves fresh mint
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup white rum
- club soda, chilled
- 2 limes, sliced into wedges, for garnish
- sprigs of fresh mint, for garnish
- Add lime juice, lemon juice, mint leaves and sugar to a pitcher. For a stronger citrus taste, add some of the lemon and lime rinds as well.
- Using a muddle stick, mash the mint to release the mint oils and dissolve the sugar into the citrus juice.
- Add rum and a generous amount of ice. Top with club soda and serve.
- Garnish highball glasses with fresh mint sprigs and slices of lime. Add additional club soda to glasses if you'd prefer a lighter drink.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 28gProtein: 1g