This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #mixinmoments #CollectiveBias
A giant, chewy Butterscotch Skillet Cookie made with Nestle Toll House Baking Mix is a quick and easy dessert that wows.
I have always been a cookie fanatic. Chocolate chip cookies especially. Just look at my cookie archives.
When I was a kid, my mother always, always, always had several bags of Nestlé Toll House chocolate chips (and all the makings for cookies!) in her pantry. You know, for emergencies! Because chocolate chip cookies are almost never planned — you just get a hankering, and then you just have to make cookies! So you need to be prepared.
My mom taught me her ways — because of her, I always keep Nestlé Toll House chocolate chips on hand. Now, with Nestlé Toll House’s new baking mixes, I can have all the convenience of chocolate chip cookies without needing a lot of extra ingredients! One of my favorite ways to eat chocolate cookies is a skillet chocolate chip cookie — fresh and hot in my well-seasoned cast-iron skillet, and these baking mixes are be a great way to have a cookie (or a brownie!) anytime I like.
Nestlé Toll House’s baking mixes are versatile and customizable. There are so many possibilities! They allow me to put my own spin on them and mix things up. I bought all four kinds to try at my local Food Lion store:
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cookies & More Cookie Baking Mix with Butterfingers
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cookies & More Cookie Baking Mix with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More Cookie Baking Mix with Butterfingers
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More Cookie Baking Mix with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
I made a skillet chocolate chip cookie using NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cookies & More Cookie Baking Mix with Butterfingers with the addition of chopped pecans and a sprinkle of sea salt. This cookie is a hot, sliceable, thick cookie for a crowd with the warm flavors of chocolate, butterscotch, nutty pecans and a hint of saltiness! Oh, and the unmistakeable crunch of crumbled Butterfinger candies. And served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream? So yummy.
So, next time you get a hankering for a cookie, dressing up one of Nestlé Toll House‘s baking mixes to make a big, chewy skillet cookie made! // susannah
A giant chewy cookie with hints of peanut butter, chocolate and butterscotch.
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a cast-iron skillet.
- Beat softened butter, egg and water in large bowl until combined. For best results, use an electric mixer. Slowly add Cookie Mix and continue mixing until dough forms. Gently stir in BUTTERFINGER® Baking Bits (reserving a tablespoon for sprinkling), butterscotch morsels and chopped pecans until evenly distributed.
- Press dough into cast-iron skillet into an even layer. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake cookie for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Don’t forget to get all your ingredients from your local Food Lion store, and be sure to check out this Ibotta offer when you do!