It’s day two of Blogsgiving Dinner! So exciting. I hope you’re ready for another round of recipes! We’re doing entrees, side dishes and salads today.
My personal theme for this week has been Thanksgiving recipes that require a little less work so you can really focus on the big, more time-consuming things, like turkey and pie. On Monday I showed you how to make a super simple Pumpkin Soup with Bacon Roasted Chickpeas, and today I’m bringing a salad that looks a lot fancier than it is. This festive Pomegranate + Goat Cheese Salad will be a welcome addition to your holiday line-up for those who can’t, don’t or won’t indulge in wheat or meat. (Leave out the cheese for anyone dairy-free.)
This Pomegranate + Goat Cheese Salad is to-die-for. Take a bed of gorgeous greens and top it with crumbles of the freshest goat cheese you can find, ruby-red pomegranate seeds, crunchy pecans and fresh onions. The pomegranate vinaigrette is so good you’ll want to save what’s left over and use it on everything!
Anyway, get pumped about today’s Blogsiving posts. Be sure to check out what everyone’s bringing to our virtual Thanksgiving by clicking on their links below. Comment, tweet, pin or otherwise spread the word about our 52 gorgeous recipes! Happy Wednesday. // susannah
Here’s what’s on the menu today:
The Perfect Thanksgiving Turkey from My Cooking Spot
Roasted Turducken from The Speckled Palate
Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Orange-Cranberry Reduction from Home at Six
Beer Brined Turkey with Bacon Gravy from Cake ‘n’ Knife
Smoked Mushroom Steaks with Herbed Bread Crumbs (Vegan) from Betty Becca
Turkey, Apple & Sweet Potato Pot Pies from Love & Flour
Creamy Pumpkin Apple Pasta from My Cooking Spot
Mushroom Spinach Farro from Think Fruitful
Bacon and Cornbread Stuffing from Chez CateyLou
Sweet Potato Crunch from I Cook. I Eat. It’s Life.
Blue Cheese & Bacon Mashed Potatoes from A Savory Feast
Sausage Stuffing from the Wetherills Say I Do
Butternut Squash Grits from Homespun Seasonal Living
Thanksgiving Wine Pairings from Twin Stripe
Click below to see my recipe for Pumpkin Soup with Bacon Roasted Chickpeas!
- 4 cups lettuce (I prefer Bibb or Romaine lettuce, but you can substitute spinach, arugula, kale, etc.)
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ½ cup pecans, sliced or coarsely cut
- ½ cup pure pomegranate juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- For the salad. In a large serving bowl, toss washed greens with goat cheese, pomegranate seeds, onion and pecans. Serve with dressing.
- For the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together pomegranate juice, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir before pouring to assure the mixture doesn't separate.