This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #KingofFlavor #FlavorRocksPX
Spicy Bacon Roasted Chickpeas bring the sizzle to soups, salads and snacktime. El Yucateco® hot sauces offer quite a flavor kick, and a big batch of these chickpeas makes for easy, on-the-go nibbling.
A few weeks ago there was a meme going around Facebook in which people were sharing lists of 10 musical acts: nine they had seen in concert, and one they had not. Friends were supposed to guess which was the lie.
I really loved reading these posts. You can learn so much about someone by what concerts they have seen!
Every year I try to hit up a few concerts. I keep tabs on local venues and my favorite bands to see when they will be in town. I have set a pretty high bar for what acts I will pay to see.
The criteria for a concert that gets my money usually goes something like this:
- It must be a concert for an act I looooove,
- must be within driving distance, and
- must be reasonably priced.
Now, I can’t say all concerts I’ve ever been to meet this criteria, but almost all of them do.
That last point is key. Concerts can be expensive, especially when you consider the cost of tickets, gas to get there and anything found at the merch table. Not to mention the too-expensive concessions! ($10 for a generic beer? Come on!)
Enter the El Yucateco® sweepstakes!
El Yucateco® will now be available at select stadiums and The House of Blues. They are giving you the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime musical experience and gift cards awarded weekly!
Last summer, my sister and I attended an outdoor concert on a hot evening and we didn’t pack any snacks — we had to buy expensive concert food. I will NOT be making this mistake this year when Chris and I go see two of my favorite bands headlining! (His birthday present to me.)
I’m already planning out some homemade snacks I can make this year for our music adventures, like this Spicy Trail Mix.
I’m also planning to make a big batch of Spicy Bacon Roasted Chickpeas flavored with El Yucateco® Red Chile Habanero hot sauce.
Roasted chickpeas are one of my favorite on-the-go snacks because they can be made in a big batch, then bagged up and tossed in my purse for snacking on later.
These Spicy Bacon Roasted Chickpeas are coated with El Yucateco® Red Chile Habanero hot sauce, salt, chili powder, paprika and olive oil, then baked in the oven on high until crispy and sizzling. I also stirred in cooked bacon for an extra salty protein crunch!
They are perfect to toss in your purse before concert-going, along with a bottle of El Yucateco® in case they’re not spicy enough!
Download this coupon to print at home for $1 off a purchase of 3 bottles through July!
Pin these Spicy Bacon Roasted Chickpeas for later!
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons El Yucateco® Red Chile Habanero hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 pieces cooked bacon, cut or broken into 1-cm pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover a baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, combine chickpeas, olive oil, hot sauce, chili powder, paprika and sea salt. Toss to coat all chickpeas. Pour into a single layer on the foil-covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Toss. Bake for 20 minutes. Toss. Bake for 10 minutes, then stir in bacon crumbles. Bake for 10 minutes. Chickpeas should be sizzling. Remove from oven and let cool completely before eating. Store in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/3 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 485mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
I got my El Yucateco hot sauces at Publix! Get yours there today.