Mix up brunch with one of these Bloody Mary variations. From vodka to bourbon, this savory cocktail stands up. Try it with one of these popular twists.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one and buy something, Feast + West receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. All opinions are our own. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Brunch wouldn’t be the same without the Bloody Mary. Many love this savory vodka cocktail as a newfangled “hangover cure,” but the origins of the Bloody Mary actually date back to the pre-prohibition era. It was invented in Paris at Harry’s New York Bar in the 1920s.
These days, this tomato drink — which is known for having a base spirit of vodka — is often mixed up with other spirits, new flavors and crazy garnishes.
Even More Bloody Mary Variations
Bloody Pirate: Mix it up with spiced rum.
Bloody Bull: Add beef broth into the mix.
Bloody Scotsman: Scotch instead of vodka.
Bloody Molly: Replace the vodka with Irish Whiskey.
Old Bay Bloody Mary: Add Old Bay Seasoning to the original recipe.
Bloody Mary foods
And if that’s not enough Bloody Marys for you, try it in your food! The savory flavors of a Bloody Mary lend themselves well to appetizers and main dishes especially.
Here are a few ideas:
- Bloody Mary Salsa
- Bloody Mary Chili
- Bloody Mary Deviled Eggs
- Bloody Mary Popsicles
- Bloody Mary Bruschetta
Let me know if you try this recipe! I would love it if you would leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ review or comment below to tell me how it goes.
- 46 ounces tomato juice
- 1/4 cup horseradish
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot sauce, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Decant into a pitcher or bottle. Store in the fridge until ready to use. Stir or shake well before using.
- If rimming glasses with salt, rub a lemon wedge around the outer edge of the glass. Place the rim salt on a small plate and roll the glass in the salt.
- Fill tall glasses with ice.
- If adding vodka or tequila, add 2 ounces of alcohol to the glass.
- Top with Bloody Mary mix.
- Garnish with a leafy celery rib, a wooden skewer of olives, bacon and/or a lemon wedge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 597mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g