Try one of these Red, White & Blue Cocktails for your patriotic parties this summer. Fun and festive Memorial Day and 4th of July drinks are perfect for honoring our troops and celebrating our country’s independence, but you can enjoy these throughout the summer months, too.
Memorial Day and July 4 are coming up fast and it’s time to plan summer gatherings celebrating patriotic pride.
Celebrated on June 19, Juneteenth is another important American summer holiday that celebrates the end of slavery. Red is an important color for this holiday, so this list below has a few red-colored drinks to try. However, I hope you’ll also check out this list of black content creators and their Juneteenth recipes.
Memorial Day and 4th of July Cocktails
There’s not much more American than a cocktail. The cocktail has many roots that date back to the Prohibition era, when alcohol was banned by the Constitution.
People mixed their own drinks with heavier substances (that you really wouldn’t want to
And, of course, any
There are tons of Fourth of July cocktail recipes to help us celebrate the red, white and blue this year. And bonus — they are great way to beat the summer heat.
But first, a few food recipes to enjoy them with…
July 4 food
If you are throwing a Fourth of July party, try one of these winning appetizer and dessert recipes to go along with the festive
- This Beer Cheese dip is great with pretzels or bread. Make it with your favorite American beer (preferably local!).
- Caprese skewers are a super cute red & white appetizer. Add fresh blueberries for a sweet, patriotic twist!
- With a cheesy center, these Cat Head Biscuits are delicious at a cookout.
- Roasted peaches with goat cheese and honey will knock everyone’s socks off.
- Made with fresh berries, Fruit Skillet Cake is so pretty and patriotic. A scoop of vanilla ice cream is a good idea to go with this one.
And now, let’s get onto the 4th of July drinks!