Hello, 2021! It’s a new year, finally. Happy New Year, and happy SEVENTH birthday to Feast + West!
Seven years ago on January 1, I was embarking on a new adventure: this very blog.
Fast forward to now, and it’s hard to fathom how far I’ve been since then.
And? How not far. Back then I was absolutely certain I would be moving away to Seattle or New York City sometime soon. But I didn’t, and now I can’t imagine being anywhere but here.
I’ve loved staying in Charlotte, and there’s no place like home. Especially during a pandemic!
Chris and I bought our first house at the end of last year, and it’s been a total whirlwind. As we continue to settle in, we’re making our new digs into a home, and I’m really looking forward to what 2021 has to bring.
It’s been a rocky start so far, politically especially, but I am hopeful for a still bright, fruitful and wonderful year ahead.
Last year I said my motto of the year was to “keep going,” and I think that’s definitely what I did to get through it. This year, I’m looking for abundance, especially when it comes to energy and balance. More is more.
Here are a few of my wishes for the year ahead:
- Unpack the rest of our boxes and make this house more of a home!
- Do more yoga, always.
- Cook and bake more new-to-me recipes, and never stop learning more.
- Grow and nurture lots more plants, both edible and not.
- Write more letters, send more texts, make more calls.
- Read more books.
- Take more walks and take more photos.
- Be a more active citizen.
- Create, draw, sew, make, paint, design, build more.
I wish you abundance, too. I hope you have a wonderful year ahead, and I look forward to sharing more recipes and adventures with you.
Cheers! // susannah