Send a message to your valentine or galentine with the cutest DIY Conversation Heart Cocktail Stirrers! These easy paper drink decorations can make a colorful statement to any beverage!
Conversation hearts: Do you love them or hate them? They’re such a divisive part of Valentine’s Day candy.
Me? I’m on the fence. They’re chalky and super sweet, but also kind of fun. But I’d rather have chocolates!
I love sifting through the silly messages, always written in bright red ink on the pastel candies.
However, this year Necco isn’t making conversation hearts! It has to do with them selling and not being able to produce enough in time for Valentine’s Day this year. Bummer right?
It’s been a while since I shared a DIY here, so I thought I’d take a minute to whip up something fun for all your Valentine’s Day drinks, inspired by this iconic candy.
Whether you’re hosting a special meal for your sweetheart or a get-together for your galentines, everyone will love these adorable, homemade Conversation Heart Drink Stirrers.
And if you’re hosting an Anti-Valentine’s Day party? You can totally write anti-Valentine’s Day things on them. Or use black paper to make black hearts. You know, if that’s your thing.
Better yet? Make these Valentine’s Day drink stirrers together!
What you need to make Conversation Heart Cocktail Stirrers
So how do you make these?
How to make Conversation Heart Cocktail Stirrers
You’ll cut hearts out of the paper — about 3-4 inches wide. I recommend cutting one heart by folding a piece of paper in half, then cutting half of the heart around the fold to make a template.
Then, trace the rest of the hearts so the others don’t have folds, and cut around the traces.
Write your messages on the hearts, then affix them to the straws. You can either adhere the center of the heart toward to the top of the straw, or if you want to be able to drink out of them, place them about 1.5 inches from the top.
To affix them, use clear tape on the back of the straw. You can also use a couple dots of glue if you’d rather! I’m rather fond of these glue dots.
What to write on Conversation Hearts
There are tons of cute things you can write on your conversation hearts! I found this great big list of conversation hearts sayings.
Here are a few of my favorites, ranging from classic to silly:
- Cloud Nine
- Puppy Love
- Love Bird
- Be Mine
- #1 Fan
- UR A Star
- I <3 You
- Love Potion #9
- I Got You Babe
- Text Me
- That’s Amore
With a couple of hours (if that!) of paper cutting and creativity, you’ll have the cutest little drink stirrers for your Valentine’s cocktails. Made with love, of course!
This is a super easy craft that will be a huge hit at a party. Your loves will love it!
- Cut hearts out of the paper — about 3-4 inches wide. (I recommend cutting the first heart by folding a piece of paper in half, then cutting half of the heart around the fold to make a template. Then, trace the rest of the hearts with a pencil so the others don't have folds, and cut around the trace marks.)
- Write your Conversation Heart messages on the hearts, then affix them to the straws with tape or glue. (You can either adhere the center of the heart toward to the top of the straw, or if you want to be able to drink out of them, place them about 1.5 inches from the top.)
- Let glue dry (if using).
- Insert into drinks and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Caydo Double Sided Lightweight Construction Paper A4 Coloured Paper 20 Colors 60 Sheets and 1 Pieces Plastic Safety Scissors
- Foil Paper Straws - 200-Pack Fun Biodegradable Bulk Drinking Straws, 4 Assorted Colors, Iridescent Silver, Solid Silver, Rose Gold, Gold, Great for New Years, Christmas, Holiday Parties, 7.7 Inches
- Glue Dots Craft Roll, Contains 200 ( .5 Inch) Adhesive Craft Dots (08165)