Make S’mores Rice Krispy Treats for a party to enjoy all the pleasures of camping in one easy, no-bake dessert. Cereal bars are dipped in melted chocolate, then topped with graham cracker crumbs and toasted marshmallows.
- 8-9 graham crackers (1 sleeve), divided
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces marshmallows (about 4 cups regular or 6 cups miniature), plus 1/2 cup miniature for topping
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Lightly spray a 9 × 9-inch pan with cooking spray and set aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Finely crumble the graham crackers in a food processor, or crush them in a ziptop bag. (It’s okay if some larger chunks remain.)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the marshmallows and let them melt.
- Stir in the cereal and half of the graham cracker crumbs until well-coated.
- Press mixture into the pan and level with a spatula. (Spray the spatula lightly with cooking spray to keep the mixture from sticking.) Let cool completely, at least 1 hour.
- Once cooled, cut the bars into 16″ squares.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 20-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Dip a corner of each bar in the melted chocolate. Use a knife or metal spatula to smooth it, if needed. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the bars with remaining graham cracker crumbs, then top with mini marshmallows.
- If desired, place the baking sheet under broiler for 3-4 minutes, checking frequently to avoid burning. Alternatively, you can use a blowtorch to scorch the marshmallows.