- 1 pound Mexican chorizo sausage
- 35 to 40 pitted medjool dates
- 2 pounds thin bacon, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Remove chorizo from casing. In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook chorizo, stirring often and breaking the chorizo into chunks. Cook 5-6 minutes, until the chorizo is bubbling and completely separated. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Once chorizo is cool to the touch, stuff the dates with chunks of chorizo. Wrap each one in half a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, turning the dates halfway through to cook the bacon evenly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Adapted from Ree Drummond
- Serving Size: 10 servings