Savor the end of summer with a Ginger Peach Bourbon Smash. Muddle together an easy honey ginger simple syrup, juicy peaches, warm citrus and oaky bourbon, and toast to the last days of warm weather.
For the Honey Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 2-inch piece ginger root, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup honey
For the cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces Honey Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1/2 medium peach, sliced, plus more for garnish
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 4 ounces bourbon
- mint sprig for garnish
Make the simple syrup
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together sugar and water until sugar has dissolved. Stir in ginger.
- Bring to boil for 2 minutes, then remove from heat. Stir in honey until combined. Let mixture cool completely.
- Strain mixture into a glass jar. Seal tightly with a lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Make the cocktail
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the simple syrup, peach slices, and lemon juice. Smash the peaches to release the juices. Add bourbon and ice. Shake vigorously.
- Pour into 2 jars or rocks glasses filled with ice. Garnish each glass with a slice of peach and a mint sprig.