A refreshing fizzy coffee for summertime
For the cold brew coffee
- 1/3 cup ground coffee, such as Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend
- 1/2 cups water
For the vanilla simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the coffee soda
- 1 ounce vanilla simple syrup (to taste)
- 1/2 cup cold brew coffee
- sparkling water
- In an airtight container, mix coffee and water. Refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Strain coffee twice through a coffee filter or a fine-mesh strainer.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together water and sugar until dissolved. Bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool entirely, then stir in vanilla. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- In a tall glass filled with ice, mix vanilla simple syrup and cold brew coffee. Top with sparkling water. Garnish with a straw.