This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CoffeehouseBlend #CollectiveBias
Coffee is always a treat! This Vanilla Bean Cold Brew Coffee Soda is no different. Try cold-brewed Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend with a homemade vanilla simple syrup and sparkling water for a refreshing beverage!
I’m always, always, always in the mood for coffee. I prefer it hot in the morning and iced in the afternoon.
Because I work from home, I try to get out to a coffee shop (at least) one day a week for a change of scenery. And, once a week, I treat myself to a fancy coffee from a local coffee shop.
Even mixed into soda!
I’ve been dying to try my hand at coffee sodas ever since I tried one at a fancy coffee shop last summer. (One of those special treats!) Fizzy and dark, coffee sodas are a totally different way to enjoy an iced coffee.
Think it sounds weird? It’s more along the lines of root beer, but coffee flavored. And you can tweak it to taste how you like it!
To make this Vanilla Bean Cold Brew Coffee Soda, I brewed Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend overnight, to let the smooth, bold flavors of this medium dark blend come through in spades.
Bubbly and flavorful, this lightened soda features cold-brewed coffee and a homemade vanilla bean-flavored simple syrup, plus a splash of unflavored sparkling water. Mixed together over ice, it becomes a refreshing, iced beverage with a kick of caffeine.
Garnished with a cute straw, one of these drinks would be so welcome on a warm day! I totally made this again yesterday, and it was so delightful!
This is definitely a beverage I’ll be sipping on all summer long, and the best part is I don’t have to go to a coffee shop to do it! // susannah
Purchase your Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend at Publix!
For the cold brew coffee
- 1/3 cup ground coffee, such as Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend
- 1/2 cups water
For the vanilla simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the coffee soda
- 1 ounce vanilla simple syrup (to taste)
- 1/2 cup cold brew coffee
- sparkling water
- In an airtight container, mix coffee and water. Refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Strain coffee twice through a coffee filter or a fine-mesh strainer.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together water and sugar until dissolved. Bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool entirely, then stir in vanilla. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- In a tall glass filled with ice, mix vanilla simple syrup and cold brew coffee. Top with sparkling water. Garnish with a straw.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 0gSugar: 77gProtein: 0g