Coffee is always a treat! And this Coffee Soda is no different. Mix cold-brew coffee with a homemade vanilla simple syrup and sparkling water for a refreshing beverage!
Coffee Soda recipe
I’m always, always, always in the mood for coffee. I prefer it hot in the morning and iced in the afternoon.
Because I work from home, I try to get out to a coffee shop (at least) one day a week for a change of scenery. And, once a week, I treat myself to a fancy coffee from a local coffee shop.
I’ve been dying to try my hand at coffee sodas ever since I tried one at a fancy coffee shop last summer. (One of those special treats!) Fizzy and dark, coffee sodas are a totally different way to enjoy an iced coffee.
What is a coffee soda?
It’s more along the lines of root beer, but coffee-flavored. And you can tweak it to taste how you like it!
To make this Coffee Soda, I brewed coffee overnight to make cold-brew coffee. This lets the smooth, bold flavors of my favorite medium-dark blend come through in spades.
Bubbly and flavorful, this lightened soda features cold-brewed coffee and a homemade vanilla bean-flavored simple syrup, plus a splash of unflavored sparkling water.
Mixed together over ice, it becomes a refreshing, iced beverage with a kick of caffeine.
Garnished with a cute straw, one of these drinks would be so welcome on a warm day! I totally made this again yesterday, and it was so delightful!
This is definitely a beverage I’ll be sipping on all summer long, and the best part is I don’t have to go to a coffee shop to do it!
More coffee drinks
- Try iced Irish coffee or a classic Irish coffee.
- The coffee old-fashioned cocktail is made with coffee liqueur.
- Enjoy a Boozy Coffee Kahlua Coke Float with your favorite ice cream.
- Make whipped coffee, a creamy foamy, frothy coffee drink.
For the cold brew coffee
- 1/3 cup ground coffee
- 1/2 cups water
For the vanilla simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the coffee soda
- 1 ounce vanilla simple syrup (to taste)
- 1/2 cup cold brew coffee
- 4 ounces club soda
- In an airtight container, mix coffee and water. Refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Strain coffee twice through a coffee filter or a fine-mesh strainer.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together water and sugar until dissolved. Bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool entirely, then stir in vanilla. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- In a tall glass filled with ice, mix vanilla simple syrup and cold brew coffee. Top with club soda. Garnish with a straw.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 0gSugar: 77gProtein: 0g