Coffee is always a treat! And this Coffee Soda is no different. Mix cold-brew coffee with a homemade vanilla simple syrup and sparkling water for a refreshing beverage!
Coffee Soda recipe
I’m always, always, always in the mood for coffee. I prefer it hot in the morning and iced in the afternoon.
Because I work from home, I try to get out to a coffee shop (at least) one day a week for a change of scenery. And, once a week, I treat myself to a fancy coffee from a local coffee shop.
I just love how versatile coffee is — it’s perfect for lattes, cold brewed, on its own, with ice cream, blended into a smoothie… Even mixed into soda!
I’ve been dying to try my hand at coffee sodas ever since I tried one at a fancy coffee shop last summer. (One of those special treats!) Fizzy and dark, coffee sodas are a totally different way to enjoy an iced coffee.
What is a coffee soda?
Coffee soda is a cold beverage of coffee mixed with club soda. Oftentimes coffee shops will add flavored syrups like caramel syrup or cinnamon syrup to add some extra pizzazz.
It’s more along the lines of root beer, but coffee-flavored. And you can tweak it to taste how you like it!
To make this Coffee Soda, I brewed coffee overnight to make cold-brew coffee. This lets the smooth, bold flavors of my favorite medium-dark blend come through in spades.
Bubbly and flavorful, this lightened soda features cold-brewed coffee and a homemade vanilla bean-flavored simple syrup, plus a splash of unflavored sparkling water.
Mixed together over ice, it becomes a refreshing, iced beverage with a kick of caffeine.
Garnished with a cute straw, one of these drinks would be so welcome on a warm day! I totally made this again yesterday, and it was so delightful!
This is definitely a beverage I’ll be sipping on all summer long, and the best part is I don’t have to go to a coffee shop to do it!
More coffee drinks
- Try iced Irish coffee or a classic Irish coffee.
- The coffee old-fashioned cocktail is made with coffee liqueur.
- Enjoy a Boozy Coffee Kahlua Coke Float with your favorite ice cream.
- Make whipped coffee, a creamy foamy, frothy coffee drink.
Served over ice, this refreshing and fizzy coffee drink is a winner for summertime.
For the cold brew coffee
- 1/3 cup ground coffee
- 1/2 cups water
For the vanilla simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the coffee soda
- 1 ounce vanilla simple syrup (to taste)
- 1/2 cup cold brew coffee
- 4 ounces club soda
- In an airtight container, mix coffee and water. Refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Strain coffee twice through a coffee filter or a fine-mesh strainer.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together water and sugar until dissolved. Bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool entirely, then stir in vanilla. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- In a tall glass filled with ice, mix vanilla simple syrup and cold brew coffee. Top with club soda. Garnish with a straw.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 0gSugar: 77gProtein: 0g
Leave a Reply