Leftover chicken makes a great comeback in this comforting winter soup!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can white cannelini beans
- 2 cups shredded chicken (about 1 whole breast)
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- lime wedges (optional)
- tortilla chips (optional)
- In a pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Stir in onion. Cook until translucent and fragrant.
- Stir in chicken broth, plus a pinch of salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer.
- Add corn, rice and tomatoes, and a pinch of salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in cannelini beans and chicken. Simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese, lime wedges and tortilla chips