This dip is like a deconstructed pizza, right down to the homemade pizza crust bites to enjoy it with.
For the Pizza Dough Bites
- 12 ounces pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch salt
For the Sausage Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- 2 links Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 25 slices of pepperoni
- 1/2 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out pizza dough. Cut into 1-inch strips and arrange 1 inch apart on a greased baking sheet. In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, garlic and salt. Brush the dough with the garlic mixture. Bake for 12 minutes or according to package instructions. Cut into 1-inch squares with a knife or kitchen shears.
- While pizza dough bites are baking: In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a 9×13-inch baking dish, spread cream cheese in an even layer. Top with pizza sauce in an even layer. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Top with pepperoni, sausage and red pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Upon removing from oven, sprinkle with parmesan and red pepper flakes.