- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/4 stick)
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 medium Bosc pears, cored and cut into large dice (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. When the butter begins to foam, stir in the sugar and cook until the sugar bubbles and dissolves, about 3 minutes.
- Add the diced pears and cook, stirring gently and infrequently, until mixture has caramelized and pears just begin to release their juices. Gently fold in the cloves and cinnamon. Remove from heat.
- Place the brie on a metal baking sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzle with the caramelized pears. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until it starts to ooze but not melt. Transfer to a baking dish. Serve immediately with crackers.
- Serving Size: 8