Holiday Apple Cider Pulled Pork Tacos are an easy meal to make at the holidays.
For the pulled pork
- 1 8-lb. pork butt or shoulder
- 2 ½ cups Martinelli’s Cider or Apple Juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the tacos
- Corn tortillas
- 1 or more apples
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup arugula leaves, washed and dried
- Honey, for drizzling
- Trim excess fat from the meat. Place in a slow cooker. Top with 2 cups Martinelli’s Cider or Apple Juice. Sprinkle with cinnamon, cloves, salt and peppers. Drizzle with remaining 1/2 cup cider/juice. Cook on high for 6 to 8 hours, until pork is cooked and falls off the bone.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Use two forks to shred pork. Remove any excess fat.
- Cut apples into matchsticks — to do this, quarter then slice them vertically and horizontally to get long and skinny pieces.
- Warm tortillas. Fill with pork and top with apple matchsticks, dried cranberries and arugula leaves. Drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 8