With all the tastes of autumn, these Apple Cider Jell-O Shots with Bourbon make a great holiday treat!
For the Jell-O Shots
- 1 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup Martinelli’s apple cider
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 packets gelatin
For the cinnamon sugar rim
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- lemon wedge
- In a mason jar or glass container, combine bourbon and cinnamon sticks. Cover with lid and let sit. For stronger cinnamon flavor, infuse 1-2 days or longer. In a pinch, 1-2 hours will suffice.
- Gently grease shot glass cups with cooking spray to help the Jell-O shots release better. Wipe away excess with a paper towel so that only trace residue remains.
- In a saucepan, combine apple cider and sugar. Sprinkle gelatin over top. Let sit 2-3 minutes until surface is wrinkled.
- Heat on medium heat and stir until sugar and gelatin have dissolved. Mixture should be smooth with no graininess. Stir in spiced bourbon.
- Pour into the prepared shot glasses. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the cinnamon sugar. In a medium bowl, combine sugar and ground cinnamon. Stir until evenly distributed. Pour some onto a plate for rimming the glasses. Rub a lemon wedge around the edge of the shot glasses. Roll the edge in the cinnamon sugar. Serve.