These tarts are just the right mixture of spooky, innocent and elegant. Perfect for a Halloween party!
For the spiders
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 12 peanut or peanut butter M&M’s, your choice of color
- 12 M&M’s Minis, your choice of color
For the crust
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
For the ganache
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- white chocolate chips, melted
Make the spiders.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Pipe stars with 8 points. Place a large M&M in the center for the spider body. Pipe a small amount of chocolate on the tip of one of the spiders. Add a mini M&M to the drop of chocolate to create the spider head. Chill.
Make the crust.
- In a food processor, add cookies. Pulse until cookies are completely crumbled. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Top with melted butter.
- Press the crust mixture into tart pans. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the crust cavities and press firmly into the tart pan crevices.
Make the ganache.
- Add chocolate chips to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, stir together butter, cream, Dixie Crystals sugar and salt. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Pour cream mixture over chocolate and stir until chocolate is completely melted. Distribute ganache into tart pans. Let cool slightly.
- Fill a piping bag with melted white chocolate. Starting in the center of a tart, pipe a swirl design around the ganache, moving from the center to the outer edge. Use a toothpick to draw lines from the center to the outer edge to make a web design. Pipe over the lines if desired. Add a spider over top of the tart for decoration. Refrigerate 3-4 hours before serving.