Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts are the most amazing breakfast treat. Quick and easy, they’re a lovely way to welcome to overnight guests!
You guys, I am obsessed with my new donut pan. It’s so easy to whip up hot, delicious doughnuts for breakfast. Possibly faster than a trip to Krispy Kreme. Don’t get me wrong — I love fried, restaurant-made, yeast doughnuts as much as the next person. But sometimes you need a homemade option.
These Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts are the answer. And they’re lovely if you’re having family or friends in town and you want to show them hospitality with a homemade breakfast. Or make a whole dozen for yourself. (I won’t judge you.)
But trust me when I say that if you share these doughnuts, your friends will love you forever. Who could say no to homemade doughnuts?!
I decided to try a doughnut-pan version of my Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins. It’s an easy recipe, and the biggest difference is that I used the doughnut pan instead of a muffin. They’re spongy, fluffy doughnuts and they bake fast. Next, you’ll flash-dunk them in melted butter — while they’re hot — and roll them in cinnamon sugar. And then devour them. They’ll be gone in no time!
Not a cinnamon fan? You could certainly make them and them in a sugary glaze or chocolate icing. Or plain powdered sugar. Or a flavored sugar like this Homemade Lavender Sugar.
Next time you have family or friends visiting, you absolutely must make them these Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts. Just trust me.
P.S. That donut pan is an affiliate link. But I just really love it. Treat yo’self. (I did.)
P.P.S. Don’t you just love that pretty blue mug? It was a gift from my talented friend Erika Gibson.
Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
Make delicious hot doughnuts for the weekend, right at home!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- Another 1/4 cup butter, melted, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 6-cavity doughnut pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared doughnut pan, filling each cup half-full. (Be careful not to cover the center hole.) Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15, or until tops are golden brown. Remove doughnuts from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing the doughnuts from their cups. Let cool 5 more minutes on a wire rack.
- Stir together the cinnamon and sugar in a shallow bowl until combined. Melt 1/4 cup butter. Working one at a time, quickly dip each doughnut into the melted butter, then roll the doughnut in the bowl of cinnamon sugar and coat thoroughly. Gently shake off any excess sugar. Set on a wire rack until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Leave a Reply