Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies made in a Wolf Gourmet Countertop Oven with Convection are gloriously delicious and perfect for holiday guests. Make the dough now and freeze it until you need cookies in December!
Holiday baking season is practically here, and I couldn’t be more excited about it. Cookie season is obviously the best time of the year, and there is no time like now to get ahead.
My plan for all the cookies I’ll make for holiday parties and gifts is to make as much cookie dough as I can now — while I have more time — and freeze it to bake later. (Most cookie dough keeps for 4 to 6 weeks in the freezer!) Then a day before I need them, I’ll bake the cookies in my Wolf Gourmet Countertop Oven with Convection! I’m new to convection cooking, but I’m hooked because you can bake cookies faster!
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are amazing. Crunchy, soft, chewy, salty, sweet… You can make them in a regular oven, yes, but making them in a countertop oven is a lot more fun.
The Wolf Gourmet Countertop Oven is so cool because you can do so much more in it. You can make toast, heat biscuits, roast chicken, broil fish, caramelize vegetables and, of course, bake cookies! It has six cooking modes and it even comes with a little thermometer probe you can use to check the interior temperature of meat or cakes! How cool.
Now let’s talk convection. Convection means there’s a uniform amount of heat that surrounds and circulates the food. It takes 25 percent less time to cook something in a convection oven! This beauty is one every kitchen and busy cook needs. You can purchase your own Wolf Gourmet Countertop Oven at Sur La Table, Bloomingdales and Frontgate.
Thanks to the wonders of the freezer and convection baking, I will probably be making these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies again very soon! (And you totally should too.) // susannah
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Wolf Gourmet. I only work with brands I know and love, and I thank you for supporting them!
Click through to see the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies recipe!
Yields 3 dozen cookies
A chewy, crunchy, chocolate-y cookie for fans of peanut butter cookies, oatmeal cookies and chocolate chip cookies
1 hr, 30 Prep Time
10 minCook Time
1 hr, 40 Total Time
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the crunchy peanut butter on low heat until just melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl or stand mixer, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats and chocolate chips. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour, or freeze it to bake later. (See notes.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 325°F for convection. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll 2 tablespoons of dough into balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
To freeze dough, double-wrap in plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn and the absorption of odors from your freezer. Let the dough defrost in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours before baking.