Sweet and spicy, the perfect holiday after-dinner cocktail
For cinnamon simple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
For cinnamon sugar rim
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Cinnamon White Russian
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce coffee liqueur, such as Kahlua
- 1 ounce heavy cream or half-and half (or your milk of choice)
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) cinnamon simple syrup
Make cinnamon simple syrup
- In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, combine sugar and water. Add cinnamon sticks. Stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture is clear, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. Store in an airtight, glass container with cinnamon sticks.
Make the cinnamon sugar and rim the glasses.
- In a bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon until evenly mixed. Pour onto a plate or into a shallow bowl that’s big enough for the glass.
- To rim the glass, brush a small amount of the simple syrup around the outer rim of an old-fashioned or rocks glass. Roll the outer edge of the glass in the cinnamon sugar until coated. Set aside.
Make the cocktails.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine vodka, coffee liqueur, heavy cream and cinnamon simple syrup. Shake vigorously, then pour into prepared cocktail glass. Serve immediately.