A sweet-tart favorite for your Thanksgiving table
- 3 apples, cored and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup white sugar
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 heaping tablespoons plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together apples, cranberries, lemon juice and lemon zest. Add the white sugar and stir to coat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together oats, flour, cinnamon and brown sugar. Stir in melted butter until mixture is thick and crumbly.
- Spoon the cranberry apple mixture into six 4.5-inch souffle dishes. Top with oat topping.
- Place the souffle dishes on the covered baking sheet. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until bubbly and the oat topping is golden brown. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 6 servings