The Peach Tea Old-Fashioned is a delicious North-Carolina-themed cocktail that’s perfect for sipping in the summertime. It’s made with fresh peaches and sweet tea-infused whiskey.
It’s finally Friday. And thank goodness. If your week was anything like mine, you’re going to need a cocktail or two to toast to the end the week!
Might I recommend this Peach Tea Old-Fashioned? I created this cocktail for my friend Jacque’s blog, 5 O’Clock Fashionistas (which is no longer live).
Jacque used to have one of my favorite blog columns — a whole series dedicated to state-themed cocktails! I was excited when she asked me to work on a North Carolina-themed cocktail.
We drink so much sweet tea down here, I didn’t think it would be fair to leave it out.
For the Peach Tea Old-Fashioned cocktail, you’ll infuse tea bags right into the whiskey for a strong tea flavor. I love using tea in old-fashioneds, which you can see in this Chai Old-Fashioned Cocktail that has chai tea ice cubes.
You’ll also need to muddle in a few slices of ripe peach for an extra summery libation! Peaches are a favorite cocktail ingredient, as evidenced in this Ginger Peach Bourbon Smash and this Honey Peach Old-Fashioned.
(Yes, peaches, sweet tea AND whiskey. Could I get any more Southern?!) Cheers y’all! // susannah
Peach Tea Old-Fashioned
Sweet tea-infused whiskey makes this old-fashioned a great Southern sipper.
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon whiskey
- 1-2 tea bags
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 sugar cube
- 2-3 fresh peach slices
- a few dashes plain water
- In a glass or liquid measuring cup, pour whiskey over 1-2 tea bags. Let sit for 15 to 30 minutes, or longer for a stronger tea flavor.
- Place sugar cube in an old fashioned glass. Saturate with the bitters and add a dash of plain water. Add peach slices. Muddle until sugar is dissolved.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes and add the tea-infused whiskey. Garnish with additional peach slices if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 7gSugar: 41gProtein: 4g
Leave a Reply