Easy single-serving cobblers for July 4
- 2 pints fresh berries, such as blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries
- 1/2 cups brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whipped Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together berries, 1/4 cup brown sugar, corn starch and lemon juice. Layer into a lightly greased 9-inch pie dish or 4-6 lightly-greased ramekins.
- In another bowl, stir together oats, 1/4 cup brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Sprinkle over top of fruit layer.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place under pie dish or ramekins. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until berries bubble and oats are crispy. Cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Make the whipped cream.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Use an electric mixer to whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to serve.