Your hangover brunch staple is now a dip for your chips. I promise this Bloody Mary Salsa isn’t weird voodoo magic. And it’s a lot easier than you’d think.
If you’re a bloody mary fan, I bet you don’t need to buy much. Just a few cans of tomatoes plus a few items in the produce section — a lemon, an onion and a jalapeño pepper. Then, grab your bloody essentials, like Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce. And vodka, of course. Toss it all into a food process and voila!
About that vodka… This isn’t meant to be a boozy appetizer, but the vodka does add a splash of flavor to this salsa, making it taste a lot more like a bloody mary. Serve it when you need an appetizer-to-impress at a summer party or keep a batch in the fridge for your personal bloody mary cravings.
My favorite part of this Bloody Mary Salsa is that you can tailor it to however you like your bloody marys. Once you get the consistency right, you can add all kinds of flavors. Have a favorite hot sauce? Use that instead of Tabasco. Like celery? Dice a stalk and throw it in at the end. Love pickles? Toss in a tablespoon of pickle juice. Like it spicy? Throw in some prepared horseradish. Do it any way you like it.
Everyone else might think you are capable of voodoo magic, but really all you need is a food processor and a bloody mary recipe. And if you need some guac to go with it, check out this Easy Guacamole recipe I shared on My Cooking Spot. // susannah
This Bloody Mary Salsa is a fun twist on the classic chip dip.
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes with juice
- 2 cans (10 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole jalapeño, quartered and diced
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon vodka (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly-ground black pepper
- In a food processor, add tomatoes and pulse until smooth.
- Pulsing in between each addition, add the remaining ingredients: onion, garlic, jalapeño, lemon juice, Worcester sauce, Tabasco sauce, vodka (if using), sugar, salt and pepper.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.