A fun breakfast-for-dinner sandwich
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill 10 Grain Hot Cereal
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil or melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey or brown sugar, optional
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Bacon, cooked
- Lettuce, washed and patted dry
- Tomato, sliced
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Soak the hot cereal in 1/2 cup milk. Allow to rest while you prepare the waffle batter.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs. Add in the remaining 1/2 cup milk and the oil or butter. Add honey or brown sugar, if desired for sweeter waffles.
- Add soaked hot cereal and the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Grease waffle iron and prepare waffles until each is golden brown. Warm in 200-degree oven if not eating right away.
- To make sandwiches, layer bacon, lettuce and tomato and any other desired ingredients between two waffles.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich