With Thanksgiving under a week away, it’s time to really start thinking about the most important part of the meal: pie. I’ll be making one for my own gathering, but I haven’t yet decided which kind. I’m thinking pumpkin or chocolate. Maybe two pies? Maybe both rolled into one?! I have a few more days to decide, thank goodness.
Apple pie has often been a staple at our Thanksgiving celebrations. My mom makes a mean apple pie with hidden whole cloves tucked inside for an extra strong flavor. This cocktail easily evokes all the sweetness and warmth of this fall dessert, making it the perfect drink to kickstart your holiday gathering next week. You’ll need two kinds of apple plus limes and fresh mint to pack into this fruity libation. The apple brings a welcome autumnal twist to this summer classic that will have your guests asking for more. // susannah
P.S. If you haven’t planned your Thanksgiving yet either, you should take a peek at all the recipes from Blogsgiving Dinner. There are lots to choose from!
Click below for the Apple Pie Mojito recipe!
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 10 mint leaves
- 3 slices red apple
- 3 slices green apple
- 6 ounces apple juice
- 2 ounces white rum
- splash of club soda
- cinnamon stick, for garnish
- pinch of cinnamon
- In a highball glass, add lime juice, mint leaves and sugar. Using a muddle stick, mash the mint into the sugar to release the mint oils and to dissolve the sugar.
- Add a generous amount of ice, then top with rum, apple juice and a bit of club soda.
- Garnish the glasses with fresh mint sprigs, slices of apple and a cinnamon stick. Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon on top for extra flavor and garnish. Add additional club soda to glasses if you’d prefer a lighter drink.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 666 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 50mg Carbohydrates: 138g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 26g Sugar: 99g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g