Somehow, I missed out on figs this year. Apparently last winter was particularly harsh, so my mom’s and aunt’s fig trees didn’t provide as well this time around. Luckily, I came across two jars of fig jam I made last year and thought of two things:
- These amazing Almond + Fig Thumbprint Cookies. (I think I need to make some more.)
- This Improved Gin + Jam Cocktail from a couple months ago.
Inspired by these ideas, I created this Ginger Fig Sparkler, a bright and tangy drink with a few spoonfuls of the jam, plus some vodka, lemon juice, ginger ale and thyme. The ginger ale brings bubbles, making this drink quite sparkly indeed.
Did you get your copy of The Complete Guide to Building Your Home Bar yet? It’s yours for free when you sign up for email updates from Feast + West. This guide will walk you through everything you need to make this cocktail. Finding a spot for your home bar would be a great weekend project — promise! Enjoy your weekend, friends. // susannah
Learn how to make this Ginger Fig Sparkler! Click below.
- 1 tablespoon fig jam
- Juice of half a lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 ounce vodka
- Ginger ale
- Sprig of thyme
- In a cocktail mixer, combine jam, lemon juice, vodka and ice. Shake vigorously.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain into a coupe or martini glass. Top with ginger ale and a sprig of thyme. (Depending on your jam, tiny fig seeds may slip though the strainer and float on top.)
- Serving Size: 1