I’m always on the hunt for a new chocolate chip cookie recipe. I’ve been playing around with the basic recipe — adding more white sugar here, less baking soda there. I’m no scientist, but it has been cool to see (and taste, of course) all the different results. My latest attempt resulted in these Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cacao Nibs.
This soft and chewy version contains bittersweet chocolate chips and cacao nibs. Nibs are small, crushed pieces of fermented, dried and roasted cacao beans. (You can find them at specialty grocery stores, generally in the baking section.) The nibs are both bitter and crunchy, almost nutty in texture. The resulting cookie is decadent and not too sweet.
Eating just one will only have you reaching for another cookie, then another, and maybe a glass of milk too. You can never have too many chocolate chip cookies, am I right? Enjoy your Wednesday, friends! // susannah
Click below to get the recipe for Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cacao Nibs!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 10 ounces (2 cups) bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add vanilla, then the eggs one at a time. Mix on low speed until well combined.
- Gradually blend the dry flour mixture into the butter and egg mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and and cacao nibs. Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour, up to 24 hours, in an airtight container.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough and form into loose balls. Drop 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
I prefer Ghirardelli chocolate chips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 2 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g