Is it Friday? Really? Feels like Tuesday. My body clock is definitely feeling a bit off after spending four days eating in Asheville! I can’t wait to tell you all about the Food Blog Forum, I just need a bit of time to relax and gather my thoughts. Next week, I have an exciting set of posts planned for the blog, including a giveaway! So get excited. Be sure to tune in every day next week to see what I’ve got in store.
Now, this Blackberry Peach Sour. It is divine. You’re going to muddle some blackberries, peach slices and a sprig of mint in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Then you’re going to add some fragrant honey, your very best whiskey, ice and an egg white. And shake — hard. The result is a velvety whiskey sour that’s fruity and full of flavor. You’ll want to toast a few of these before summer is officially over. I’ll be real sad to say goodbye to the fresh fruits I’ve come to cherish more than ever this season. Who’s with me?
This weekend I’m celebrating my dear dad’s birthday and a friend’s wedding, and I’m hoping to sleep in just a little too! Hope yours is fabulous, and I’ll see you here on Monday for some exciting stuff! // susannah
Click below to see the Blackberry Peach Sour recipe!
- 4 ripe blackberries, plus more for garnish
- 3 to 4 slices peach, plus more for garnish
- 2 to 3 mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 ounce whiskey
- 1 egg white
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle blackberries, peach slices and a sprig of mint until very juicy. Use a spoon to remove and discard spent fruit.
- Add honey, whiskey and egg white, then top with ice. Shake vigorously. Mixture should be frothy.
- Strain into an old-fashioned or a sour glass. Garnish with a peach slice and a blackberry.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 13gSugar: 65gProtein: 11g