I am all for trying difficult recipes, but sometimes simple is the answer. When I’m feeling lazy or short on time, I love smearing a ripe avocado on a piece of toast and topping it with an egg. Sometimes I’ll poach the egg, sometimes I’ll scramble it, sometimes I’ll fry it or hard-boil it. Whatever feels right! Most of my family members despise eggs, but they’re missing out. Eggs can be a really lovely, protein-rich meal. This Fried Egg + Avocado Toast is an old standby for me — I’ll eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
This isn’t technically a recipe, I suppose, but more of a reminder that good, wholesome food doesn’t have to be complicated and time-consuming. Even I need to remember that from time to time. // susannah
Click below to see how I make this Fried Egg + Avocado Toast!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 or 2 eggs, fried, scrambled or poached
- 1/2 avocado
- Coarse salt
- Freshly-cracked pepper
- Toast the bread in a toaster or toaster oven to your liking.
- Meanwhile, cook the eggs to your liking.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mash the avocado and a pinch of salt.
- Smear toast with mashed avocado and top with the cooked egg and freshly-cracked pepper.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 508Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 369mgSodium: 1071mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 11gSugar: 4gProtein: 23g